Monday 16 January 2012

London, Day 2

We picked up tickets to Wicked on the cheap this AM, then headed to London Tower. The tower is pretty damn amazing, and loaded with history. The good pictures are on my camera, but below are a few highlights I got on the phone. Sadly, no one is allowed to photograph the crown jewels (the 530 carat diamond is ridiculous), but I did take a shot of a sign in the bathroom just outside the crown jewels display room. I think we can all agree that the jewel room SHOULD be serviced by a two time loo-of-the-year award-winning toilet system. The big dragon thing was a surprise addition to the armor display gallery in the White Tower. I'm pretty sure that some one just looked at all the priceless historical crap that they didn't have space for and said: "I know, let's turn this crap into a dragon!" Speaking of priceless, I asked a guard how much the jewels were worth, and she looked at me with great disdain before replying: "Priceless."
...stupid Americans...

The ravens in the tower are kept in cages and hand-fed. The one below was making some kind of horrible noises. It may have been choking.

We walked across tower bridge and hoped a train to Harrod's. That place is the essence of lavish ridiculousness. It has to be seen to be believed. I decided against buying the £23,000 watch and the £1,500 aged prosciutto. I'm going to save up for something nice instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment